Your First Orthodontic Appointment
Here at Dr. Iris Erdell’s office, we make sure to offer the best in orthodontic treatments in the East Bay, CA area. We also strive to provide an atmosphere that is friendly and inviting for our patients. Here is what to expect of your first visit to our office:
- For your first visit you should be prepared to spend about an hour with us, so that there is plenty of time for you to ask any questions that are on your mind.
- First, if you have not done so online, we will ask you to fill out some information.
- After a short tour of our office, we will take photos of your teeth and your face, as well as two special orthodontic x-rays. These photos and x-rays allow us to evaluate the position of teeth and bones.
- Then, Dr. Erdell will perform a comprehensive exam where she examines your oral and facial structure, looks at your records and images, and asks questions about your dental health. With all this information, Dr. Erdell will decide about treatment options.
- After the exam, Dr. Erdell will explain your teeth and bite issues, and discuss the best options for correction. We will show you videos and appliances that relate to your treatment, and you will have time to ask any and all questions.
- Our Treatment Coordinator will walk you through the cost of your treatment as well as payment plans and your insurance coverage. Our goal is to provide platinum level care at competitive cost. We accept most PPO insurance plans and offer financing options including no-interest payment plans to make the smile of your dreams affordable!
- Your first consultation including the photos and x-rays is complimentary if you are considering any kind of active treatment. In certain cases, we accept transfer patients.
- There is a consultation fee for second opinions for patients requesting evaluations of their treatment with their current orthodontist, and for patients needing new retainers if treatment was performed or by another orthodontist.
Thank you and we hope to see you soon!
Request A Complimentary Consultation